The Journey....

The Journey....

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My First Recipe Win!!!!



So today I tried to get creative and got a win! Here's my fabulous pre op soup recipe :)

Please note, amounts are not exact as I was doing a bit of "chuck in this and that" but all items on the recipe list are items I've been advised I can have. Please adjust accordingly for your specific plan and always follow your dietician's advice!

800g can tomatos
1.5 red capsicums, de seeded and laid flat
3 cloves of garlic, sliced in half
3 sticks of celery
1 onion, quartered
1 carrot sliced
a good dash of chilli (I use the herbs in the tubes)
a good dash of italian herbs (same deal)
Some chicken stock as required

Lay out capsicum flat on an alfoil covered tray, put the garlic cloves inside each slab of capsicum and drizzle the allowed amount of olive oil over the top. Roast until aromatic and garlic is nicely browned. Throw everything into a soup maker (I have a kambrook and it's AWESOME)  and set to smooth. Switch it on and let er rip! I was really hoping it tasted as good as it smelt, and it was!!!!!!!! it makes a fair bit of soup, so this will last me a few days, but its great to have some to take to work so that I can heat it up and feel normal!!!! All ingredients are completely free for me, so I can soup it up!!! :) Will keep you posted on any other soup recipes I discover along the way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment