The Journey....

The Journey....

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day Four :)

It's 7:55am on day four of my pre op diet, and I had a terrible night's sleep  last night - I couldn't switch my brain off! I didn't want to take the sleep supplement I usually take because I wasn't sure I'd be allowed. It is a GORGEOUS sunny day here, not a cloud in sight for miles, and so far things have definitely improved in terms of my overall wellbeing. The first two days were absolutely ROTTEN, the cravings were so intense and my headaches, nausea, fatigue and hunger were very hard to deal with. I took Tuesday off to deal with it, which I think was a good call. Yesterday there was definitely improvement and I went back to work, I'm still getting the occasional headache but I'm not getting the cravings or the massive hunger that I was. I'm also not as shakey as I was which is a relief. I still get hunger pains, they're more manageable though. 

Last night I made what I've coined as "Pam's Veggie Marinara"- steamed brocolli and cauliflower, a beautiful roasted capsicum and garlic sauce I made, topped with mushrooms pan fried in a little olive oil :) it was AMAZING and tasted sooooooo much like "real food"that I could hardly believe it. My tummy was full, I was completely satisfied, and rather shocked at how good I felt. The only ongoing issue I have at the moment is because the majority of the vegetables I'm allowed to have are on the "no no"list for if you have irritable bowel syndrome I am experiencing a little bit of pain and cramping. It's managable though! 

I still haven't done photos or measurements, I'm so slack! I'm thinking of getting my friend to help me tomorrow as I have the day off. I haven't noticed any weight loss yet, although I'm told that will come, and it might be happening without me even noticing it because I generally dont see it much on myself. I'm told that weight loss will occur over the pre op diet, but that's not really my goal at this point. I'm going to bed at night thinking about my liver - willing it to become soft and pink and pliable so they can move it out of the way. When the surgeon looks at my liver I want him to KNOW I didn't cheat! 

I'm so proud of myself for staying with the program and not cheating. I know there are those who are really struggling with it, or have really struggled with it, and I'm so proud of myself for hanging in there and doing it properly. I take great pride in that, because I was so scared of how this would go. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to follow through, that I'd screw up somehow. So far, however, so good, and I'm really happy that I've followed the plan to the letter because it proves to me that I can do the same thing post op. 

Well, I better get dressed and head off to work - more soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment