The Journey....

The Journey....

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Dearly Beloved - we are gathered here today to mourn the loss...


Last night I had the most AMAZING "last dinner' aka "food funeral" with my gorgeous support people who are there for me through this journey. I still have another week to go before opti kicks in full time but I wanted to have my big blow out and then wind down to the inevitable! I had the most beautiful night, and it was so freeing to talk about the surgery openly without worrying about who was hearing me or having to be "hush hush" about it :) We went to Hogsbreath Cafe and had the whole back room to ourselves so we laughed and joked and carried on. I even tried a "hogerita" (a frozen maguerita) which was amazzzinnggg! 



I didn't take a picture of my main meal, such was my excitement, but I couldn't resist snapping a cheeky pic of dessert!!!! My gorgeous friend Carrie gave me flowers from her garden, and my number one support pal Ros gave me a huge pot plant to "nurture" on my journey and home made "L" plates - since I'm a learner sleever!!!!! 




I am touched and buoyed by the support and love I'm getting from those who are there for me right now, and I really can't wait to live up to their expectations as much as my own. 



























Feeling so loved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment