The Journey....

The Journey....

Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Plan - Weight Loss Bible Study

So I've started a weight loss bible study specially designed for people who have issues with food (aka ME!) and last night I did the first study which was basically to put together a plan of what I'm going to do. Obviously there's three different scenarios, right now, pre op and post op.

Here's the plan for right now:

My Boundaries (Phase 1)

My goal is to prepare myself for the regime pre and post op by stretching my endurance, elongating the periods I can go without food, and acclimatising myself to the foods I will be allowed to have post surgery.

a) I will have at least one meal replaced by optifast per day (usually breakfast) followed by a period of fasting from all foods (until at least 1pm)
b) I will maintain a high protein, low carb diet
c) I will limit my intake of bread to two slices per day
d) I will phase out all non approved fluids and only drink the fluids allowed to me

How much?
a) I will only eat whole, healthy foods and limit processed foods as much as possible
b) I will only have take out foods once per week
c) I will take my lunch to work each day and make a point of phasing out all junk food, choosing healthy options for snacks etc
d) I will drink 2 litres of water per day


Here's the plan pre op (aka three weeks leading up to surgery):

My Boundaries (Phase 2)

Eating is not a sin. However, eating unhealthily, eating too much, or eating outside of the guidelines assigned to me by my dietician is. Therefore:

a) I will only eat when I am allowed to eat
b) I will only eat when I am genuinely hungry
c) I will only eat what I am allowed to eat according to my dietician (aka opti and approved foods)
d) I will only drink approved fluids

How much?
a) I will only eat what is good and healthy and necessary to sustain me
b) I will only eat according to the guidelines provided to me (3-4 optis, approved vegetables, low joule jelly and approved fluids per day).


Here's the plan post op (post surgery and beyond)

My plan will be to follow strictly all guidelines provided to me by my dietician. I will not deviate from these guidelines, and I will after a time begin to integrate 5 hours per week (1 hour per day) of exercise into my plan also.

a) I will eat small meals often only when I am genuinely hungry
b) I will only eat what I am allowed to eat according to my dietician
c) I will exercise 1 hour per day (when I am allowed to)
d) I will take benefibre daily, a multivitamin daily and I will consume the appropriate amount of water
e) I will use the plate and bowl for every meal and I will stick strictly to the guidelines regarding fluids and portion sizes
f) I will take at least 45 minutes to 1 hour to eat each meal and I will take small bites in doing so

My Secondary Boundary
I will eat all meals at the table without distraction and I will pay mindful attention to what I am eating and how I am eating.

My Role Vs God's Role

Verse                            My Role                                                     God's Role
Romans 12:2                 To renew my mind                                      He will transform me                                                                                                                                            
John 8:31-32                 I must hold to God's teachings                    He will make me a disciple and set me                                                                                                          free from my bondage to food  
John 15:4-5                   I am to remain in God                                He will be with me and make me                                                                                                                 fruitful
John 17:17                    I am to believe and obey God's word         He will sanctify me

2 Corinthians 10:3-5     I am to take captive every thought               God's power will win

I have the assurance that if God is with me, I cannot fail. When I am fearful of failure, when I read stories of others who have not succeeded in keeping the weight off, I will remind myself of God's ability to sustain me and make me successful. I want to be an example to others of God's strength, and in order for me to do the work that God has set out for me I have to be healthy, fit and strong. God wants me to be healthy, he designed for me to be healthy, and He CAN make it so if I am willing to do the work. In my own strength, I will surely fail. In God's strength I can be nothing but victorious.



No comments:

Post a Comment