The Journey....

The Journey....

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sharing the Self Love

Today I got prettied up for coffee with "the girls" - friends I haven't seen in months, but who I dont really know well enough to "go daggy" as I do with some!

I've noticed lately that since this whole surgery thing has become more real for me I've experienced a strange increase in the confidence I feel within myself - like all of a sudden I don't HATE what I see in the mirror anymore. Years and years of self loathing, and all of a sudden I dont think I look so bad. In fact I think I have quite nice features sometimes. Today I even liked my hair :)



It's funny how the minute this whole journey became NOT about cute clothes or looking conventionally attractive was the same minute I realised that I might just be kinda cute just the way I am! Unhealthy and still in need of change....but cute :)

Or perhaps I'm just getting older. Either way I am enjoying this new comfort I have found within my own skin. I just look forward to seeing LESS of my own skin pretty soon :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment