The Journey....

The Journey....

Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Food Issue....

So, obviously when it comes to gastric sleeve surgery the biggest lifestyle change that happens is food - our relationship with it, the way we cook it, what types of food we choose, mourning the loss of it and then slowly gaining it back just in a different way.

To that end, I thought it was time to begin a food diary component of my blog. The purpose of this will be accountability but also I'll be able to look back at my "pre surgery" diet and see the differences pre and post op. I think it also helps to write down what we eat, because only then do you become mindful of what's actually going into your mouth - there's something really powerful about writing (or in this case typing) things down.

I'll give a full breakdown of my eating tonight (it's morning here atm) but this morning I got up and for the first time I made a smoothie rather than cook something for breakfast. My smoothie consisted of a banana, about 5 strawberries, a couple of tablespoons of flax meal, a little skim milk and 3 tablespoons of yogurt and ice - I couldn't finish it all! It was too thick, so I'm going to have to experiment with different things to figure out what I really like.

Full run down tonight peeps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment