The Journey....

The Journey....

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Review time!

So today was my follow up appointment with the surgeon and we decided that we would pack up the car in the hopes that he might give me the all clear to go home. I was a little nervous knowing that I hadn't been entirely good when it comes to taking the benefibre, drinking enough fluids and taking my multi vitamins like I should. I suitably got a little kick in the butt, not by the staff but mentally by myself because I was reminded at the appointment how serious this whole thing is, and that I am by no means out of the woodwork yet. I have another two weeks before it can be confidently said that I wont have a leak, so I have to be really careful until then. So 27th of October is my "all clear" date :)

The surgeon suggested before I even asked whether we'd like to go home today, I said well yes we were hoping to and he said he was happy with my progress and I was welcome to head home. A quick trip back to the motel to grab our gear and check out and we hit the road, only stopping a couple of times for fuel and a stretch. We took a quick detour to Curlewis to pick up our Gizmo, and then raced home. The reception from both fur babies was SPECTACULAR - Gizmo wagged his bum nearly clean off, and Max hasn't stopped talking and smooching since we got home (about 7 hours ago now!)

So now we're home - its just past 1am and I cannot seem to get to sleep. Brad's already in bed and out to it, but for some reason my legs are really restless and I just couldn't settle. So I got up and tidied my office up instead.

I couldn't help but feel a little depressed in finding out that I don't actually start purees til Monday - so I still have a few days of fluids left (boo hiss!) but I have to follow the rules. Tomorrow I'm off shopping and I'm going to stock up on stuff I'll be able to have as of Monday (oooh so excited!) and I think I have a dietician appointment next week also which will help sort out the do's and don'ts so to speak!

I should probably try to sleep again....stupid restless legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment