The Journey....

The Journey....

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Being Brave.....



Today, as I was listening to this song, I began to cry......





"Nothing's gonna hurt you the way the words do when they settle 'neath your skin, kept on the inside with no sunlight sometimes the shadow wins, but I wonder what would happen if you say what you wanna say and let the words fall out, honestly, I wanna see you be brave"

"Maybe there's a way out of the cage where you live, maybe one of these days you can let the light in. Show me how big your brave is"

"And since your history of silence wont do you any good, did you think it would? Let your words be anything but empty, why don't you tell them the truth?"

When I heard this song for the first time, I felt like it was written for me. I know first hand what it's like when the words "settle 'neath your skin". I know what that feels like. I've had so many words settle beneath my skin and continue to hurt me over and over and over again. I do feel like I've been locked in a prison, stuck in a cage of fat that has not only become a part of who I am but is my prison warden - keeping me down, keeping me quiet, keeping me invisible. I cried because for the first time, driving home from my dietitian appointment I could see a way out of the cage. I could see a way to let a little light into my life. And I wept for both the life I have had stolen from me, and for the life I am about to gain. 

No one will ever quite know how insanely proud I am of myself that I am tackling this issue in my life. So many people don't, and while I don't mean to toot my own horn I have discovered a bravery in myself that frankly I didn't know I had! That bravery must now extend to a longer term type of strength that will have me push my comfort zone into a more active life, a life that is completely different from the life I used to know. While right now I'm lounging around, sleeping a fair bit and generally convalescing here at home that won't last. Next Monday I'll be half way towards being able to do proper exercise - which means not only joining the gym but going every single day. It's just what I have to do - I no longer have the luxury of tapering off after a while because for the next 12 months I must do what I must do in order to maximize this incredible opportunity I have to change my destiny for the better. 

As for telling the truth, here's some truth. I am no longer a product of my circumstances. I am no longer without a voice, and as time goes by you're gonna hear me more and more. I have only just begun to become who I was always meant to be and I wont quit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment